Annual General Meeting (members only)
THE BRAZILIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN GREAT BRITAIN (the “Company”)
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The 77th annual general meeting (“AGM”) of the company will be held at 6.00 pm on 15th June 2020. This will be an online meeting via Microsoft Teams. Joining instructions will be sent to each participant upon attendance confirmation.
1. To receive and adopt the auditor’s report and accounts of the Company for the period ended 30 September 2019.
2. To receive the Honorary Treasurer’s Report of the Company for the period ended 30 September 2019.
3. To consider for re-election to the office of member of the Council each of the following, each of whom retires by rotation pursuant to Article 30 of the Company’s Articles of Association and, being eligible, offer themselves for re-election, to be voted on individually:
(a) Ieda Gomes
(b) Sergio Gullo
(c) Peter Heap
(d) Vera Innes
(e) Mauricio Itagyba Borges
(f) Martin Raven
and to thereby confirm the members of the Council to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting of the Company pursuant to Article 30.
4. To appoint Jerroms LLP as auditors to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting of the Company at which accounts are laid and to authorise the directors to fix the remuneration of the auditors. This being in accordance with section 485 of the Companies Act 2006.
BY ORDER OF THE COUNCIL
Lena Beraldo (Company Secretary)
For and on behalf of the Company
Dated: 14th May 2020
Registered Office: 14 – 16 Cockspur Street, London SW1Y 5BL
1. Members entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy or proxies to attend and speak on their behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. To appoint a proxy you may photocopy the Proxy Form which accompanies this notice. Members are invited to complete and return the Proxy Form. Completion of the Proxy Form will not prevent a Shareholder from attending and voting at the meeting if subsequently he/she finds they are able to do so. To be valid, completed Proxy Forms must be sent to Lena Beraldo (email: email@example.com), by not later than 6.00 am/pm on 11 June 2020 (being 48 hours prior to the time fixed for the meeting, excluding weekends and bank holidays).
2. Representatives of members which are corporations attending the meeting should produce evidence of their appointment by an instrument executed in accordance with section 44 of the Companies Act 2006 or signed on behalf of the corporation by a duly authorised officer or agent and in accordance with article 20 of the Company’s articles of association.
3. Any corporation which is a member can appoint one corporate representative who may exercise on its behalf all of its powers as a member.
4. The Company specifies that only those members of the Company who have confirmed their attendance by 6.00pm on 11 June 2020 shall be entitled to attend and vote at the AGM. Changes to entries in the register of members after 6.00 pm on 11 June 2020 shall be disregarded in determining the rights of any person to attend or vote at the meeting.
RSVP to Lena Beraldo (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than 6.00 pm on 11 June 2020 (being 48 hours prior to the time fixed for the meeting, excluding weekends and bank holidays)