The seminar was addressed by the Rt Hon Ken Clarke MP, the British Consul-General in Sao Paulo, John Doddrell and the Head of the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) in London, Jaime Gornsztejn.
THE MAIN THEMES COVERED WERE:
· PPP opportunities in healthcare
· Opportunities for med tech and pharmaceutical companies in Brazil
· Finding Brazilian partners
· Details of Mr Clarke’s trade mission to Brazil in May 2013
· Find out about exhibiting at South America’s largest health trade show Hospitalar
Brazil is the fifth-largest country in the world with a population of around 190 million people. It has one of the world’s most rapidly developing economies and a GDP per head greater than either India or China. Consumers and businesses have developed higher standards both for quality and value for money and Brazil has a large and prosperous middle-class, with an appetite for high quality healthcare.
Against this background, Brazil has immense potential as a trade partner, with huge opportunities for UK health and life science companies.
· Largest market in Latin America
· Sector predicted to grow to £85bn by 2015
· Over 8,000 hospitals and 280,000 doctors
· Largest medical devices market in Latin America
· The Brazilian biotech market is predicted to grow to £58bn by 2015
· Brazil’s share of the biotech market is estimated to be around 15 per cent
· Market predicted to grow to £22bn by 2015
· Network of over 12,500 pharmacies
Please click on the pdf file below to download this event's presentation
Photos by Ronaldo Batalini