This event took place at Allen & Overy LLP on Tuesday, 8th November 2011
As part of the wider activities taking place around the Brazil/UK Joint Economic Trade Committee (JETCO) in early November, TheCityUK, Brazilian Chamber of Commerce and UK Trade and Investment organised the “Brazil Infrastructure/PPP Investment Seminar”.
This event presented the framework for PPPs in Brazil and the pipeline of projects under development at State and federal level. There is a need and desire for international investors and companies to participate in what we expect to be a large pipeline of projects. This event offered a flavour of the current state of the Brazilian PPP market and the opportunities available, as well as direct connections to some of those involved in making it happen.
Speakers included representatives from the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) and Estruturadora Brasileira de Projetos (EBP) – Brazil’s equivalent of Infrastructure UK and the IFC Rio Office. They are all active in advising on, and funding, these projects and spoke on the opportunities that they saw for international companies. We were also a view from Balfour Beatty and a case study from an existing participant in Brazilian projects.
- Lord Green, Minister of State for Trade and Investment
- Paulo de Meira Lins, Investment Officer, International Financial Corporation (IFC) Rio Office
- Henrique Pinto, Deputy Director, BNDES
- Helcio Tokeshi, CEO, Estruturadora Brasileira de Projetos (EBP)
- Balfour Beatty (Name to be confirmed)
- Ricardo Barra, Minas Arena (Case study on Mineirão Stadium
SEE PRESENTATION FILES BELOW: